movie ticket time capsule
October 14, 2013
I cleaned out the pockets of one of my jackets and found a stash of movie ticket stubs from years and years ago. I do this — I shove ticket stubs in jacket pockets and discover them years later.
What movies have I paid money to see over the last ten years? Here we go, in no particular order:
- Kate and Leopold (Many of my friends and I still swoon at the words “I made you toast with strawberries and mascarpone.”)
- Die Another Day
- Brotherhood of the Wolf
- Treasure Planet
- Star Trek: Nemesis
- Peter Pan (the live action one from ’04)
- Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (judging by the 12/17/2003 date on the ticket)
- The Triplets of Belleville
- House of Flying Daggers
- Robin Hood (the Russell Crowe one)
- The Interpreter (I have absolutely no memory of seeing this, which makes me think I got this ticket and actually went to see something else.)
- The Count of Monte Cristo
- Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings (3/27/2002 date on this ticket, so it just about has to be the first one.)
- Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings (12/19/2001 date on this one, which must have been opening weekend. I really need to clean my pockets out more often. In my defense, I don’t wear that jacket very often. And yes, I think I saw all the LotR movies in theaters twice.)
- Harry Potter 2.
So yes, I do need to clean out my pockets more often, obviously. But this does bring back memories.